Box 310, Blackfoot, AB, T0B 0L0 | 1-780-861-0823 | email@example.com
To utilize my skills and experience to obtain a rewarding career with an amazing company, resulting in mutual success on all levels.
Travel agent | sept. 2002 | grant macewan university
· Extensive Computer Courses on various airline and travel reservation systems, accounting, Microsoft Office, payment processing, email, etc.
· Salesmanship Courses covering in depth sales techniques including qualifying the customer through needs analysis, overcoming objections, closing the sale, problem solving, customer service and satisfaction, business ethics, proven marketing techniques, active listening, etc.
· Public Speaking Courses to build confidence while speaking in front of others; wrote and gave speeches in front of an audience to practice these skills.
· Marketing Courses describing the fundamental principles of marketing, concepts and ideas, research, target marketing, strategies and plans, product positioning, factors influencing the consumer buying process, etc.
· Retail Merchandising Courses covering the selling process, types of selling, techniques, branding, customer buying motives, visual merchandising, sales management, sales figure tracking and reporting, prices, profitability, etc.
· Business Communication outlining the elements, factors, and importance of communication concepts, how to be successful in verbal and non-verbal communication, business writing and reporting, etc.
Skills & Abilities
· PROVEN SALES RECORD
· PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· EXCELLENT COMPUTER AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
· ORGANIZED, DILIGENT, AND PERSISTENT
· PROFESSIONAL, HONEST, LOYAL AND DEDICATED
· SELF-STARTER AND A TEAM PLAYER
MERCHANDISER| RONA| 2016-2017
· Set up plan-o-grams and promotions, changed signage and prices, did inventory counts, etc.
· Followed the store’s merchandising strategies for product marketing to maximize store profits.
· Met with management regularly to discuss upcoming retail promotions and ideas.
FIELD REPRESENTATIVE | D & d oilfield rentals | 2012-2014
· Organized, maintained, repaired, and inventoried a huge supply of oilfield rental equipment for 12 drilling rigs during the Conoco Phillips Surmount 2 Drilling Project in Northern Alberta.
· Was responsible for the set up and removal of rental equipment at over 100 different drilling sites.
· Maintained adequate fuel levels in the equipment, and repaired any mechanical issues.
· Managed and organized the daily duties for two other employees.
· Kept up-to-date records on equipment inventory, maintenance, inspections and invoicing.
sales representative | direct plus food group | 2009-2011
· Represented many fine brands and products found in major and minor grocery stores.
· Developed and maintained professional and productive relationships with customers.
· Maximized sales by securing secondary placements of products in store.
· Executed high standards in merchandising.
· Prospected and obtained new customers through cold calling, researching, and networking techniques.
travel consultant | business & Leisure travel | 2002-2008
· Consulted with clients to recommend and reserve all aspects of travel.
· Organized group bookings and weddings, corporate and leisure travel.
· Participated in continual learning through familiarization trips, product launches and webinars, and online training which helped strengthen relationships with travel industry partners.
· Developed marketing strategies to maximize sales and profits.
· Provided excellent customer service to clients.
· Multi-tasked in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail was vital for success.