MERITBIZ AUG 2015 – PRESENT
Supervisor, Corporate Groups & Events
Overseeing all corporate groups events, handling the day to day operations, staff training & development, client account management, client & supplier relations, overseeing multiple groups, creating templates, forms & overall efficiencies, accounting, reconciliation & executive summaries, administrative duties, overseeing & amending of contracts, reports to client & organization & handling of conferences to include: site inspection, negotiations, team building events, Food & Beverage, meeting/conference space, hotel room block, evening events, marketing, speakers, Audio/Visual, budget, corporate swag & gifting, opening reception, reconciliation, surveys.
MERIT TRAVEL FEB 2015 – AUG 2015
Selling Branch Manager, York University
Handling the day to day operations, staff training, coaching and mentoring, monthly 1:1 to address any service or sales target issues, marketing, sales – booking reservations, all office duties to include: budgets, reports, supplies, banking. GDS used – Amadeus and Sirev.
AIMIA 1997 – 2014
A Global leader in loyalty management offering a full suite of capabilities including analytics and insight, channel and employee engagement and event management. Groupe Aeroplan acquired Carlson Marketing in 2009 and rebranded as Aimia in 2011.
Team Supervisor & Coach (2002-2014)
Supervised, coached and trained a team of 15-30 call centre agents focusing on overall performance, sales and customer service on the TD Travel Rewards account.
Customer Service & Sales
• Consistently achieved team customer service and compliance rankings in the 92-93% range (85% = exceeds).
• Generated sales in areas of travel and insurance.
• Motivated agents via contests, team events & incentives resulting in higher sales & better customer rapport.
Performance Management and Leadership
• Managed performance in quality assurance, sales and customer service
• Developed and implemented ongoing quality assurance via call monitoring and external client surveys.
• Liaised with HR on all staff issues (hiring, disciplinary issues and personal agent issues)
• Customized development plans with 1:1 agent input focusing on increasing sales and customer service skills.
Development & Training
• Guided and motivated agent’s career advancement by creating plans to achieve personal objectives.
• Developed and introduced efficiencies to agent training documents and manuals.
• Collaborated on multiple cross-functional projects to support training, quality assurance, IT and community engagement initiatives.
• Analyzed system flaws and report anomalies related to product sales in order to implement efficiencies..
• Staffed teams by recruiting and hiring for Toronto and Montreal’s office start-up.
Lead Agent (1998-2002)
Accountable for coaching, training and mentoring agents while resolving travel related issues for customers, suppliers and agents.
• Exceptional knowledge on travel products and provided quality customer service.
• Managed and resolved escalated supplier and customer service issues.
• Analyzed trends to evaluate & create efficiencies & processes.
Senior Agent (1997-1998)
Generated sales for travel and insurance while providing an exceptional customer experience.
• Developed rapport with the customer; this resulted in closing the sale and providing additional revenue through upgrades such as; insurance and travel add-ons.
• Mentored new employees through job shadowing to achieve optimal sales and customer service results.
• Recognized by management for sales, product knowledge and customer excellence, which contributed to the implementation of the VIP line which resulted in the increase of sales.
• Supported all VIP customers with their travel needs before, during and after their trip.
Along my professional career, I completed additional courses; to name a few are: leadership courses, customer service courses & coaching/mentoring courses. A complete list is included in my resume.