TWIL TRAVEL – Bookkeeper/Accounting Support (Full Time)
Meticulous, detail oriented team member required for an exciting luxury-focused, contemporary travel company. This role requires a mature, responsible individual who is an independent thinker and takes initiative. Bookkeeping or accounting administration experience is required. Experience in TRAMS is an asset. Primary responsibilities will include A/R, A/P functions, account reconciliations, expense reporting and payroll.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Monitor all invoices and transactions on a daily basis
• Monitor daily client and vendor balance
• Monitor daily bank transactions to ensure everything matches up
• Posting and reconciling commissions received
• Identify and follow up on outstanding commissions
• Manage payroll and related deductions and tax remittance
• GST reconciliation and remittance
• Expense recording and allocation
• Prepare bank deposits
• Reconciling credit card merchant transactions
• Investigate/resolve queries from agents and provide general customer service
• Prepare monthly agent statements for commission earned and outstanding
• Prepare weekly report of Accounts Receivable/Payable
• Prepare outstanding commission reports and work with suppliers and agents to recover balances.
• Create invoices for all bookings made by advisors
• Any other internal projects that maybe required
· Travel Industry experience is an asset.
· Minimum 4 years general financial accounting experience within the travel industry
· Minimum 3 years of experience in TRAMS
· Experience with working in multiple currencies.
· Familiarity with travel accounting concepts arising out of BSP
· Familiarity with Sabre GDS preferred
· Strong analytical skills
· Proficiency in MS Office
· Independent thinker who takes initiatives and can set their own direction
· Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to function effectively during month end accounting cycles
· Comfortable in a dynamic, growing, entrepreneurial environment
Office location: 515 Davenport Road, but open to a combination of working from home and office.
Salary – Negotiable according to experience.
Please apply to: email@example.com
Tagged as: backoffice, invoicing, accountant, bookkeeper, clientbase, TRAMS, support