Membership Manager Western Canada (SALES AND SERVICE POSITION)
ABOUT ACTA Established in 1977, the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA) is a national trade association representing the retail travel sector of Canada’s travel industry. ACTA is an industry-led, non profit, membership-based organization. Our members include retail travel agencies (leisure and corporate travel in a blend of bricks and mortar, homebased, and online agencies) and suppliers such as travel wholesalers, airlines, hotels, destination marketing organizations, cruise and rail lines, and automobile rental companies. We represent the interests of Canadian travellers through our retail members who employ over 15,000 travel professionals.
POSITION PROFILE The Membership Manager Western Canada is a key member of the ACTA team and is accountable for growing the membership base of the organization in all membership categories, increasing membership program usage, and servicing member needs. The Western Canada region includes British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut. The ideal candidate is an experienced, resourceful sales professional who has extensive knowledge of the retail travel industry. The candidate must be able to work effectively from a home office environment and able to collaborate with a highly engaged, dedicated, national team who are passionate about customer service and are committed to making a difference for Members and the Canadian travel industry. This position will be located in Western Canada. (British Columbia preferred)
RESPONSIBILITIES The core responsibility of the Membership Manager is to deliver on ACTA’s initiatives as they pertain to all membership categories within their region. The Membership Manager is responsible for attracting, retaining, and growing membership and membership program usage, as well as delivering on ACTA’s four pillars (Advocate, Educate, Promote and Connect). This position is also responsible for managing Regional Councils and the organization and facilitation of regional membership meetings and events.
• Grow ACTA membership in all categories within the territory – Retail Travel Agencies, Certified Travel Counsellors, Certified Travel Managers, Industry Partners, Travel Schools
• Collaborate with ACTA Regional Councils and the Vice President, Advocacy and Member Relations to advocate on behalf of members on government and supplier relations issues
• Retain existing ACTA members by building relationships with members through excellent customer relationship management, including member events that link ACTA members with ACTA Partners
• Develop and execute territory attraction, expansion and retention plans to ensure the achievement of membership sales and service goals
• Lead on territory member events including member appreciation events, networking events, golf tournaments, etc.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Strong motivation and excellence in sales, sales planning and achieving sales goals
• Excellent negotiation and relationship building skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Understanding of the Canadian travel industry
• Strong project management, event planning and presentation skills
• Creative, energetic and outgoing
• Self-motivation, achievement orientation and ability to work with little supervision
• College or University graduate from a Travel and Tourism or Business related program
• Minimum of 3-5 years in a business development role
Submit resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for an in interview will be contacted.
You’re a natural at connecting travelers with the world. You love researching product, buying patterns, sourcing, development, proposals and administering...Apply For This Job
MMGY Global believes the world is a big, beautiful place. We’ve made it our job, passion and mission to inspire...Apply For This Job
Based in Mississauga, Ontario, The Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA) is an established national trade association representing the retail...Apply For This Job
Overview Travel Leaders Corporate is part of Travel Leaders Group, which ranks as the #1 business travel management company by Business...Apply For This Job