Who is Journeys by Van Dyke?
Since 1980, our family owned and operated travel company has been crafting unique journey experiences for the discerning traveler on all seven continents. Our focus is on unforgettable group journeys by land, rail and sea, attracting the 55 + traveler who identifies with our strong value proposition and enjoys the unencumbered experience that comes with our worry free, door to door approach. We remain the leader in our craft, which is researched, designed, promoted, sold and operated by our unique, hand selected teams.
The role of the Travel Consultant is critical as you are often the first member of the family new guests encounter. Our team consists of professionals who strive to exceed the expectations of our guests in providing a pleasant, confident, charismatic, efficient and memorable Journeys by Van Dyke experience. You are a passionate sales professional who is ready to take on a unique challenge: become a brand ambassador in providing everyone an opportunity to experience the world through our unique journeys.
Our “Personal Profile” for you:
1. You absolutely love travel, but you love one thing even more: helping others travel
2. You are relentlessly optimistic, and see each interaction as an opportunity
3. You believe goals are to be exceeded and celebrated
4. You consider your colleagues as friends and a source of daily inspiration, and your guests as rare gems deserving of impeccable service
5. You enjoy the challenge of identifying a travel desire and matching it to a unique experience
6. You are comfortable and excel in the sales environment and are motivated by a compensation package that aligns with our energy level
7. You are looking for an enriching learning environment
If this sounds like you, keep reading! This may be the start of a wonderful journey…
What do we offer?
· A full-time position as a trusted travel consultant
· An attractive starting salary and bonus plan, above market ($50,000+ is possible)
· Rigorous training on our international journeys and in our unique, very effective methods of telephone and one on one sales consultations
· Powerful sales tools for in house and conference events
· A dynamic work environment in a growing business
· A comfortable office environment in a historic building in the heart of Waterloo Region
· Potential to experience the Journeys by Van Dyke Difference on tour
· Attractive individual and/or family benefits plan
What does the role look like?
· Make outgoing calls based on existing or new contacts, and follow up with active inquiries to provide a complete experience to any guest who contacts us
· Proactively review and anticipate future guest desires through promotion of our strong value proposition and journey experience and supporting products
· Establish a special connection with guests to identify and understand their travel needs
· Provide a superior level of guest service through accurate and timely information on destinations, flights, fares, special offers and other travel products
· Help create and assemble guest journey packages for deployment, finalize payments for guests, send out journey information through individual or batch mailings
· Manage personal information and document collection to make a reservation
· Participate in our travel presentations to enhance your exposure and the guest experience
· Constantly identify and develop new sales tools
· Be positive and encouraging to continually enhance the team experience in every way
· Assist other team members as necessary in delivering their portion of the guest experience
Who are we looking for?
· An all-around contributor who is not afraid to go above and beyond to serve our guests
· A global mindset, optimism, positive energy and “anything is possible” attitude
· Understanding of punctuality and responsibility to guests, team and self
· Ability to find creative solutions to guest needs
· Ability to overcome challenges efficiently, ensuring uninterrupted, positive guest experiences
· Ability to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
· Multitasking to managing multiple guest reservations at the same time
· Practical knowledge of computer applications and web-based software programs
· Strong desire to contribute through continuous improvement of self and team
· Ability to check your ego at the door to ensure a positive, supportive team environment
· Experience in sales or customer service an asset
Position : Full Time
Location : Cambridge, ON
Experience : Ideal – Sales and Outgoing Calls, 2 years +
Languages : English, written and spoken, other languages a strong asset
Accreditations : None – Travel Advisor TICO a strong asset
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to Taylor Infantino at tinfantino(at)jerryvandyke.com.